My Special 2016 Digital Trends Mixer - Shlomi Ron
It’s the first day of January!
By now you all know the drill, if it’s December-January, then it must be high season for digital trends and predictions for the new year. To provide you a with a vantage point, or forest view if you will, I have created the 2016 Digital Trends Mixer, to distill a few dominant predictions.
Will it blend?
To create my 2016 Digital Trends Mixer, I followed this simple 4-step process:
- I sequentially googled 2 keyword strings:
– 2016 digital marketing trends
– 2016 digital marketing predictions
- I extracted 20 articles from reputable media sources (e.g., Forbes, eMarketer, Inc, Business Insider, Adweek etc.)..
- I filtered only their top trends labels.
- I blended all trend labels in a tag word generator, 1 label per 1 line to retain significance.
And this is what came out:
Naturally, the process I followed is fairly basic, but it’s interesting to see some of the usual suspects along with new entrants:
- Marketing automation
- Virtual reality
- Messaging apps
- Customer experience
- Video ads
- Ad blocking
Surprised? Validated? Disappointed? Let me know your thoughts and your focus areas for 2016.
Here’s to a prosperous new year where your stories selectively leverage the trends (and not the other way around) for maximum impact!